The renovation works of the Baixada de la Glòria Access have finished. These works have landscaped an important surface located above the access stairs from this road. This work had an approximate cost of 450.000€ and has been financed thanks to the tourist regulation of the Park’s monumental core.
With the completion of the works, the park access by Baixada de la Glòria is recovered. This access is used to enter the park from the Vallcarca metro station.
Creation of a new resting area with views of the Putxet neighbourhood
The new area has consolidated a 320m2 resting area with views of the Putxet neighbourhood, as well as a series of small esplanades. The access to the viewpoint has been made through the construction of stairs and roads, respecting and recovering the traces of existing dry stone walls. Both the stairs and the roads have been built with kneaded concrete, vibrated and brushed, but in those places where the rock surfaces, it will be respected as pavement or slope.
The project has developed these action areas:
• Cleaning and adaptation of the surrounding area.
• Clearing and pruning of existing plant life.
• Accessibility and treatment of pavements.
• Safety on all paths and stairs.
• Lighting for the path and new viewpoint.
• Landscaping and scenic enhancement.
• Protection –via handrails- of points that must not be accessible due to safety reasons or to conserve the dry wall ruins.
• Careful cleaning and clearing of the ruins.
• Urban furniture.